844 area code phone numbers for your company.
Get an 844 area code toll free number to make your company appear larger, more national, and more established.
Get 844 Numbers for Your Company
844 area code , like 800, is a toll-free area code. A prefix of 8 implies that the recipient, not the caller, is paying for the call. When most people think of toll free calling, they think of 800 numbers, but there are numerous other options that work in the same way.
Why should you use an 844 area code?
Because toll free numbers are so popular, the telecommunications industry needed to expand beyond 800 numbers. They added 888, 877, 866, 855, 833,844 area code and area codes to provide more options to the nation’s businesses. All of these numbers allow users to call for free, shifting the cost of the call to the company rather than the customer.
You’re worried because an 844 number doesn’t seem to be a toll free number. Don’t be concerned! These numbers are now widely known and accepted as legitimate 800 number alternatives.
Grasshopper has all of the options, as well as local phone numbers. We have a large inventory of 844 numbers.
Obtaining an 844 Number:
- Choose the best 844 area code number for your company.
- Select a service provider and check availability. A phone service, such as Grasshopper, can check the availability of 844 numbers and provide you with a variety of options.
- Purchase the phone number. All that remains is to purchase it once you’ve decided on a service provider and a number.
Tips for selecting a number:
- Use your company name or an industry term! (Imagine dialling 1-844-Flowers or 1-844-Contacts.)
- Maintain simplicity. Avoid unusual or unusual spellings.
- Make it simple to remember. Try using rhyming numbers or the same digits in a row.
844 number Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is 844 a toll-free number?
Yes. Customers can call 844 area codes for free, just like 800 numbers.
2. What is the cost of an 844 number?
The cost varies depending on the service provider. The cost is generally determined by the toll-free service provider, the plan selected, and the number of minutes used per month. You can get one from Grasshopper for as little as $29 per month.
3. Is there a distinction between 844 and other toll-free numbers?
No matter which code you use, all prefixes function the same and provide the same benefits. Because “true” 800 numbers are in such high demand, they frequently cost more to purchase upfront.
4. What additional features does Grasshopper provide?
We offer all of the features and functionality that a traditional business phone system would. We can provide you with 800 numbers, toll free numbers, vanity numbers, and even local phone numbers. Because Grasshopper is a cloud-based phone system, there is no need to worry about hardware or wires.
5. Grasshopper provides what 800 number prefixes?
We provide 888, 877, and 866 numbers, as well as 855, 844, and 833 numbers.
6. Will Grasshopper assist me in any other aspects of my business?
While we do not directly provide other business services, we do regularly publish content to assist small business owners in starting and running their businesses more efficiently. We have created a guide called JUMP to assist entrepreneurs in starting and growing their businesses. We also have a guide dedicated to growing a local business! We also go over other topics in greater depth, such as business equity. Grasshopper also compares various business tools and products, such as PayPal and Amazon’s online payment solutions for businesses.
7. Can I use my 844 number to send and receive text messages?
Sure thing! Grasshopper now provides Business SMS on toll-free and local numbers.